Thursday, April 19, 2012

O4

My father is a man that works his hardest for the best opportunity possible for others. He is also the man that never gets the credit he deserves in my life. I would say he probably gets overlooked more than anybody.  I look at who I am as a person today, and I know I wouldn’t be anything near what I am now if it wasn’t for my father. Let me start off by saying how he has raised me.  He has taught me to be a person that is built of toughness, honesty, hard work, respect, and a caring attitude. I think about all the things that I do, and I sometimes wonder what in my life drove me to be like this. Without a doubt, it is my father and my mother for that matter. I credit much of my character and who I am to my father without question. I know if it wasn’t for him I would be half the man I am now, if that. I could go on and on forever for how much both of my parents have had a huge role in developing my character. Switching from character to sports now, I also have so much to say about my father. In football especially, I have always said if you have a father that can teach you the basics to the game you are extremely lucky. With that being said, I’m not sure there is a word to describe how lucky I am to have my father with his football knowledge. Let’s face it, I was taught what a cover 2 defense was in fourth grade. It is little things like that that just make me say wow and realize I am so fortunate. My father was a very successful football coach for a long time and because of how hard he worked to learn the game, I have benefited. That is one area where I know I am at a huge advantage. Once again I could go on and on here about my father in this topic. In baseball, I also can’t even begin to say how much of an impact he has had on me. Last year I went into the slump of all slumps and I had absolutely no reason to believe in myself. I really can’t explain how bad of a slump I was in. It seemed as if any advice anyone gave to me, it just would not work at all. When I finally had a free week end, my father spent a whole day of his of his own time trying to help me. He looked at hitting films from when he was a coach and he put me through a series of drills. Even though I didn’t have much of a reason to believe, he gave me a little hope. Luckily enough for me, only a little hope was all I needed. I broke out of my slump and hit a home run off the best pitcher in Western New York. That was simply because of my father. Even this year I would say I am hitting the ball pretty good. Knock on wood, hopefully this stays that way.  But, I would say a major reason for why I am hitting good is because of my hitting mechanics which is all of my father’s work. I really could go on and on about this blog, but unfortunately it is 10:30 at night and I’m tired. Both of my parents have had an incredible influence on my life, and I wouldn’t want to live for any other parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment