Friday, April 20, 2012

O1 NFL SCHEDULE

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8287873e/article/nfl-scheduler-katz-talks-requests-and-complaints-from-teams?module=HP11_hot_topics
Just a few days ago, the 2012 NFL schedule was released. Now I do know that this is a very difficult job and it takes months and months of hard work to put this schedule together. It clearly is a hard task to make the NFL schedule as it can be to make any schedule. I know someone very close to me makes a high school football schedule and the stress he goes through just doing that is ridiculous. He always gets tons of complaints, but that just comes with the job. Now this is just in high school. In the NFL, I really cannot imagine how stressful this job is. After reading this article, I realized some points that I didn’t even think about before. One of which is that every NFL team sends in 70 dates and times that are bad because of events going on in their stadium. Then the NFL has to deal with holidays and what not which also creates a lot of work. Also, they have to make sure the best match ups are at the right time and point in the season. On top of that each team has to end the year with a game against a division opponent so the NFL has to have that in place. Starting this year, each team is guaranteed at least one Thursday night game. So after all this anyone can see this is a very stressful job and people should think twice before complaining. I will be honest, before I read this article I was complaining quite a bit. My big complaint was that the Bills didn’t get more night games. This off season they went out and made these huge moves which will make them compete with the best. They always come ready to play on prime time. And the Buffalo fans always make it an interesting game when it is at night. I think the Bills deserved a Monday night game before the Kansas City Chiefs, my god. But after thinking about the situation more, I should shut up and just understand how hard this is.

No comments:

Post a Comment