Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving is right there next to Christmas for being my favorite holiday. I would have to say that it does not get better than football, family, and food. My Thanksgiving consist of quite a bit. Every Thanksgiving morning I go out hunting with my father and my brother at our cabin. I call it hunting, but nobody in my family ever seems to get a deer. That probably doesn’t come as a surprise to many. This does bring up an off topic very quickly though. When being in a conversation about hunting, most people will say “Did you shoot a deer?” Well I always find it funny when our defensive coordinator always asks “Did you catch a deer?” I wonder how a person can physically catch a deer, but crazy things can happen I guess. Now I will get back on the real topic. After my family is out hunting for the morning, we usually come back home and then the fun for the day really begins. There are always three football games on Thanksgiving Day and I look forward to them. The first game always takes place in Detroit, Michigan. Some would consider this a dumpster of America, but I liked it when I went there to be honest. I think most people look at this way just because their football team has had some rough times. But I got some news for those people; the lions are back baby! Actually, wait, the Lions were never good, but still this year is different. For once the Detroit football game on Thanksgiving is a very meaningful one. Detroit will be taking on Green Bay in a huge NFC North matchup. Then the second game will consist of Dallas and Miami and nobody will care about that one. That will be a great time to eat dinner though which I can’t wait for. I love Thanksgiving for many reasons and it is definitely one of the best holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment