Monday, October 31, 2011

Christmas

My favorite holiday would have to be Christmas for many reasons. For those of you that don’t know, Christmas is on December 25th. It is the day Jesus was born just to remind everyone. Now I said there were numerous reasons for why Christmas is my favorite holiday. Well yes I could say the obvious that we love Christmas because we get gifts, but to me it is more than just that. Every Christmas morning starts off with a wonderful breakfast down the street and my Grandparent’s house.  This breakfast consists of great foods such toast with jelly, eggs, pancakes, very crispy bacon, and corned beef hash. At this breakfast, just about our whole family is there and other people from around the neighborhood. After breakfast, I walk back down to my house with my family. Once I get home, I usually try out some of my new gifts and see how I like them. I will also turn on the television and watch NBA basketball at this time, but this year that might not happen to do the fact there is a lockout in the NBA that is currently stopping the play of games. Around four in the evening, my mother’s side of the family will come over for a nice prime rib dinner. Also at this dinner, my mother will make some corn, broccoli and bean casserole. These are always a good fit for the Christmas dinner. After that, my Grandma will make a nice dessert that consists of ice cream and hot pudding.  This truly is one of the best dinners that I have during the year so I always look forward to it. Another Christmas tradition that I have is that on Christmas night we usually watch a football game. Sometimes there are both college and NFL games on Christmas so it is a great way to cap off the holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment