Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Final Project #1

The 2010 Alden football season was indescribable at both the Varsity and J.V. levels. Many people realize how great the Varsity did, but they don’t some people don’t know that the J.V. team also had a great season.  People were not sure how the J.V. team would do this season because of how many players they lost to varsity. I was a member of the J.V. team so I will say how I figured out a plan to answer the questions about our team. When I played my first ever J.V. game in the fall of 2009 at Pioneer, it was the first game I lost as an Alden Bulldog. After that game, I was extremely upset, and I'm not going to lie, I actually did cry. I cried because I knew that I was playing on an extremely talented team and there was going to be a good chance that was the only game we would lose in the 2009 season. Well I was right. After the Pioneer game, I told myself that I would not let myself lose another game in my J.V. career. I accomplished my goal and I won 17 games in a row since losing to Pioneer. So this how our team this year was so successful. We were told all offseason by people that there was no way we could be as good as we were in 2009. Instead of arguing with people, we just used that as motivation and I can promise you our J.V. team was the hardest working team in Western New York this season. I would argue that with anyone any day. We lifted i the winter and then when the spring came rolling around we were outside every single day. We would have workouts 6 days a week in the summer and I can't ever explain how much better that made our team and how prepared we were because of that. So the season started with us traveling to Tonawanda with us beating them 34 to 6. Then a tough Medina opponent came in to our house in week to and we beat them 24 to 6. In week three we took a trip up to Lew -Port and we defeated the Lancers 32 to 12. In week four, we taking on and unbeaten Newfane and we also beat them by a score of 14 to 0. In week five, we faced some difficulties with the rain, but we ended beating Springville 22 to 0. After that game, we knew that we would be put to a test. The Albion Purple Eagles came to Alden in week 6 for a huge division game and we beat them 21 to 6. In week seven, we were playing for a division championship against Maryvale, both teams were undefeated. We beat Maryvale 16 to 6 to win the division. Then in week 8 we faced the B South Champions, Lackawanna for our final home game. We beat them 36 to 6. The final game of the 2010 football season for our team took place at Depew for the Class B Section 6 J.V. title. Depew won their division and not many people gave us a shot to win this game, but our team knew we could win this game and we were right. We beat Depew 17 to 6 to win the championship. I have never had a greater feeling in my life after beating Depew. Our team worked so hard this year and we deserved what we accomplished. Hopefully next season, the J.V. team will play as well as we did this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment