Thursday, January 26, 2012

J1 Who is my Hero?

To me a hero is someone that is willing to do anything for anyone even if that means putting themselves in a bad spot. Now this can be interpreted in many ways. There can be heroes in sports, school, family, or anything for that matter. In life there are so many heroes that I can just name off of my head. Jesus, Ivan the Great, George Washington, Mike Ditka, Tim Tebow, Bill Penny, all of these men are legendary heroes. All of them are heroes for different reasons though. Jesus sacrificed himself for millions of others. I can’t remember what Ivan the Great did that was so great, but he must have been a hero. George Washington did the unthinkable and made his own country, literally. Mike Ditka is loved by every human in Chicago. That itself is a miracle, because I don’t know if you have ever been to Chicago, but there are some obnoxious people there. I have never been to Chicago. Tim Tebow is referred to as a “God” by some people and his arm is compared to a third grade girl at the same time. But he is still a hero in the eyes of many. Then there is Bill Penny. He is a hero simply because he is just Bill Penny, plain and simple. He writes the Teacher Feature and benches 225 pounds for 9 times. What more does he need to do to become a hero? The answer is nothing; his achievements already make him a hero. I suppose that my hero would be everyone that has helped me in some way, shape or form in life. I always say that there are so many people I could thank in life that my list would go on and on forever. I would say my heroes are my teachers, my teammates, my friends, my family, and even the people that I may not like in this world because they have taught me what I don’t ever want to be like. I am just thankful that I have been fortunate enough to meet so many great people in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment