Friday, January 20, 2012

My Favorite Elementary Teacher: J2

I would have to say that my favorite elementary school teacher is Mrs. Stoltman. Throughout my days in elementary school I was fortunate enough to have many tremendous teachers.  I would say that they are all excellent at what they do and they do a great job maturing us into better people. One reason why Mrs. Stoltman stands out as my favorite teacher is because I still stay in touch with her through connections with our families. I have known Mrs. Stoltman as long as I can remember so I would definitely have to say she has had an impact on my life. Also I have a great amount of respect for her husband who is Mr. Stoltman, our Middle School Principle and Athletic Director. He oversees everything that goes on in our athletic department and he does a great job leading us. Every day I am very lucky to go to a school where the athletic program is very good and I would have to say a great part of that is because Mr. Stoltman guides our coaches in the right direction. Also, the Stoltman’s have two young kids that are both well raised and it shows. Their son’s name is Quinn and their daughter’s name is Claire. They both go to school at Alden, Quinn is in third grade and Claire is in pre- school. My parents are Quinn’s godparents as well so that goes to show our families are pretty close even though we are not blood related. Going back to Mrs. Stoltman, I can’t say I remember a whole lot about 1st grade, but I do know that I though Mrs. Stoltman was great teacher and even a better person. I think that there are not enough opportunities in life to just go back and thank elementary teachers because they very well may have had the greatest impact out of all the teachers. Everything in life starts from basics weather it’s in sports, academics, or just life in general. If I was not able to learn basic information when I was younger I would have an incredibly hard time learning anything now. I am incredibly thankful for everything Mrs. Stoltman taught me and I am very appreciative that the Stoltman family is a part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment