Friday, October 21, 2011

Becoming a Coach

After high school, I plan on attending a University to study something and play college football. Now, I don’t know what I want to study yet, but it will definitely be something that I love doing. I have many colleges in mind for where I want to go, and it doesn’t really matter to me where they are located. If I end up 30 minutes from my house that would be great, and I if end up 10 hours from my house that would also be great. My goal in life is to become a Division 1A Head football coach. In order to do this I will have to play college football. Now to make it easier for me, I want to go play for a football coach with lots of connections. So this way I can have many options for where to start my coaching career. My plan is to become a Graduate Assistant when I am done playing college football. This means I am an unpaid coach, but I do a lot little jobs to start off. For example this position deals with doing lots of paper work, and running camps and jobs like that. While doing this it is crucial that I show a solid work ethic because if coaches see that I work hard, they will fight harder to get me a job. Also while being a graduate assistant, my graduation classes are paid for. So hopefully I could get a coaching job relatively quick and then start making some money. Then when I get a position coaching job, I just have to keep building my way up to bigger coaching spots. After being a position coach, I want to become a coordinator, then a head coach and then I just keep going through that process until I am content with the level I am at.


No comments:

Post a Comment