Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Men who Impacted my Life

Since there have been so many teachers in my life that have impacted me positively, I have decided that I am choosing a department that has impacted me in a positive way. The Alden High school physical education/ health department has impacted my life greatly. I will start off with Mr. Helmicki. He has taught me many things about life such as looking up to people, how to throw a Frisbee, and he has many great quotes. If you walk down by the gymnasium; chances are that you will hear Mr. Helmicki tell somebody “Watch your mouth.” This quote has impacted me in some way, but I haven’t figured it out yet. This is tough to figure out because he will tell you this when you just say hello to him sometimes. That makes it difficult to figure out what you did wrong, but that’s okay. One of my favorite memories with this man is when I had him for a maintenance class last year, and he made me call his mother in front of the whole class. Yeah, that wasn’t awkward at all. I have been honored enough to play football for Mr. Helmicki for two years. We had a 17 and 1 record together, no big deal. I consider him to be an offensive master mind. Rumor has it; Nebraska calls him every day to come coach there, but now just isn’t a convenient time for him.  Mr. Helmicki is a great man, and definitely one of the most influential people in this school. Now moving on to Mr. Carll, he is also a great man. He has taught me how to win in life. For example, Mr. Carll always tells me how he went out on top, just like Elway did. Mr. Carll retired as the wrestling coach after leading them to a division title his final year. I have this goal in life as well. Mr. Casillo has impacted my life because he taught me how to throw a softball with that cannon arm he has. I thank all of these men for impacting my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment