Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Vietnam Period h4

If I could go back in time, I think I would go back to the Vietnam War period in the late 50’s to the early 70’s. In eighth grade, I learned about this period and I found it extremely interesting due to the wars and issues that were going on in our own country due to the Vietnam War. Everybody that was around during this period always talks about how bad the war was. Many people were against this war because it had no direct impact on the United States. We entered this war because we wanted to stop the spread of communism. Well, we failed in doing so because we did not win the Vietnam War. Also many people in the United States would protest against this because families were losing loved ones and people were petrified of the draft. One of the most famous protests took place at Kent State University. When this was happening, the Swat team was called in to stop the protests. It ended up turning into a tragedy because believe a total of 5 people were shot and killed. This historical event became known as the Kent State Shootings. I would not want to get shot in this period, but I would definitely want to know what all of this chaos was like. Also, I would want to witness how scary it really was during the Cold War and how much fear people had. Another thing that would be an adventure would be if I was a soldier. The Vietnam War took place all in the rain forests. I am almost certain there would be many crazy things I would come across during this period. This was a very interesting time period in my eyes and I would love to have been a part of it. Even though I may have been scared at times I would want to witness it.

No comments:

Post a Comment