Thursday, December 1, 2011

Anyone Want to Know What my Favorite Book is?

I would have to say my favorite book is about a former great NFL coach. Jon Gruden has a book that is titled “Do you love football?!” This book is one my favorites for many reasons. In this story, Jon talks about his journey in becoming an NFL coach. I find his way of becoming an NFL coach very interesting because he never played in the NFL so he was a disadvantage right away. Most coaches in the NFL are former players so they have many connections right after they retire. Jon on the other hand was a division 3 quarterback at a little college by the name of Muskingum in Concord, Ohio. Now this story is very interesting to me because Jon was going to have to work so hard to become an NFL coach. In his book, it explains his hard, exhausting journey in becoming a coach. Gruden explained how it is so important to make connections with as many people as you possibly can so when coaching jobs open up you already know people. Also, he said he how it is crucial to show an incredibly hard work ethic. In the story, Jon definitely showed a great work ethic. At one point he said he lived in the coaching office because he wanted to show people that he was willing to put in tons of time and work as hard as he possibly could. Gruden also states how he became an assistant coach for the Green Bay Packers under Mike Holmgren. He said that was one of the biggest reasons why he became a successful NFL coach. This is my favorite book because Jon Gruden is one of my favorite coaches. Another reason is because his path to coaching is similar to one that I would like to take to become a coach. This is a great book and I recommend it anyone.   

No comments:

Post a Comment