Thursday, March 29, 2012

N4: A Tragic Story

I have to say that this case involving Trayvon Martin is just downright horrible. So far every single thing about this is negative and I feel that it is just turning into a worse matter. I don’t understand how George Zimmerman could at all justify that Martin was considered dangerous. According to the evidence, he was unarmed, he was not involved with any drugs, and he wasn’t doing anything horrible because he was on the phone with his girlfriend. Like the lawyer said, if he were up to no good, he wouldn’t be on the phone with his girlfriend. I feel very bad for the Martin family, and I couldn’t imagine what they are going through right now. I know this has to be incredibly difficult for them especially considering the fact they are having a hard time getting answers. Although this case is very sketchy, I do disagree with the fact the people are playing racism into this case. The reason this doesn’t make sense to me is because Zimmerman is considered a minority himself. So maybe he is a racist, but it just doesn’t make the most sense to me. I know that there is still stereotyping and prejudice acts that still go on in this world, and I think that it is absolutely ridiculous with some of the things we here. Although we have all been guilty of being prejudice at some point in our life, it is something that needs to come to an end.  The statement “Never judge a book by its cover is very true, and I think more people should start to follow it. Going back to the Martin case, I don’t think Martin was of any danger to anyone and I think Zimmerman killed him for a reason that I can’t come to think of. It just doesn’t make sense to me. I hope in the upcoming weeks, more information comes out on this story and the truth comes out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment