Thursday, November 18, 2010

11/15-11/19 2.) What is winning? What does winning mean to you? What does it mean to be a winner?

To me, winning is not just when a team is winning on the scoreboard at the end of a sport contest. Winning is when a person or a team has given a 100 percent effort to do whatever they possible could to win a game. That is winning. Sometimes there are occasions where a team will defeat another team, but they don't earn the win. That is not a true win no matter how you look at it. Winning means the world to me. I play sports because I love winning and I always want to win because I am very competitive. This football season, our team went undefeated and I now know what it feels like to win because we earned to have an amazing season. We worked out every day this summer and we dedicated our summer to football and it paid off. After that, I truly knew what it felt like to be a winner. When you do no win, it is a terrible feeling, one of the worst feelings in the world. I have only lost one football game as a starter and I have never got over it. I hate losing and I always have a tough time handling losing no matter what the scenario is or no matter what my role is on a team I hate to lose. I always do whatever it takes to win, no matter how hard I have to prepare or no matter how hard I have to work I will always do whatever it takes to win. If there is one good thing that comes out of losing though, I think would be this. Whenever you lose at something that you love doing, it motivates you to do better and work harder. Ever since I lost my first J.V. football game, I always played with a chip on my shoulder because I always remember how much that loss hurt. Ever since that game I have never lost a football game and I think it is because I learned from that loss. Winning means so much to me and there are not many more things that I love more than winning.

No comments:

Post a Comment