Wednesday, December 22, 2010

12/20-12/24 #3

I am going to vent about an incident that has occurred over the past three weeks or so and this is really bothering me because I think the clear statement has been made, but I am being punished for quite a long time. A lot of teachers in this school are those kinds of teachers that don't care where you go during advisement and in my opinion is wrong even though those are probably the kids’ favorite teachers. I am very fortunate to have Mr. Currin for an advisement because he is one of those teachers that always does what is right and he wants to keep people out of trouble.  I will say though that I believe there is one thing that I feel people should be allowed to do in this school and not get in trouble for it. I truly think that if a student wants a bagel during advisement lunch, he should be able to go to the cafeteria and get it. As matter of fact, many high school boys are growing and it's important that they eat a lot. So, if a student goes to a cafeteria during advisement is he necessarily causing trouble in any way, shape or form. Let's think, he isn't committing a crime, he isn't harming or bothering anyone, he isn't wondering, he isn't lying, he isn't stealing, and he isn't fighting. So does he really deserve to be punished for a month for this? I don't think so. This is what I did; I went to advisement lunch every day even though I only had lunch days three and six. So Coach Currin finally found out that I was doing this and he started saying I lied. I didn't lie, but people say what I did is wrong. I don't think this is wrong because kids need to be able to eat food. Do I deserve to be punished this harshly?

2 comments: