Wednesday, September 29, 2010

9/27-10/1 Interview

The varsity football quarterback of the Alden Bulldogs is about to play possibly his final game at Alden this Friday. It is Senior Night and he is ready. I was fortunate enough to interview him on what is left in this season and to hear about some of his favorite memories. I asked Tyler what he expects from his team for the rest of the season and he told me “I hope we keep putting on a strong performance and keep getting better.” So far the Bulldogs are 4-0 this season and they have plans to hopefully win the division. He believes that the strength of his team this year is the amount of weapons they have. I believe he is absolutely right with that as the offense keeps on putting up good numbers. His three most famous memories of his high school football career have been the opportunity he got to play at Ralph Wilson Stadium. His other two consisted of beating the Depew Wildcats twice. The first time he beat Depew it was the first game of his sophomore year where the Bulldogs upset Depew 14-6. His junior year was another upset against Depew just this time it was a playoff game. Tyler stated that his best relationship with a teammate in his 3 years of varsity football was probably with running back Cole Huston. “We just had a great deal of respect for each other.” I asked Ty if he could replay one game in his high school football career. He told me that it had to be a tie between when he played Fredonia in the Class B semifinals in 2008 and when he played Cheektowaga at Ralph Wilson Stadium last year. He also told me how he will miss everything about Alden football and he these last 4 years have been the most fun of his life because of Alden football. I think that Tyler has had a very successful playing career as a Bulldog and I think that there are many people who are proud of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment