Thursday, September 8, 2011

A2

As a student of Alden High School, I am very excited for this school year, but I am also unsure of what quite to expect. This new school schedule is really making things different for this upcoming year, so I’m not sure how I am going to like it. I would have to say that a lot of people miss last year’s format, but there’s nothing we can do about it. My schedule this year is very balanced which I like so I shouldn’t ever be overwhelmed with work. Last year my first half of the school year may have been the easiest first half schedule that a freshman has ever had. I’m not kidding about that either. I wonder why I had so much fun at the beginning of last year. My second half was incredibly hard. I had so much work to do! It was ridiculous at times; actually it was to the point where I was doing homework past midnight at times. This year, I don’t think it will be like that, at least I hope not. One thing that I look forward to every school year is sports. This year I am playing varsity football and I am just having a blast. Our team is off to a great start. We worked very hard in the summer so I am hoping that it will pay off.  Our expectations are very high this season so I am extremely fortunate to be on this team.  In the winter I will be playing basketball and doing a ton of lifting. Then later in the year when spring time comes rolling around, I will be playing varsity football again. Last year I thought I had a pretty good year academically and I am expecting even a better year in academics. I am taking some hard classes but I feel that I can handle it. This year will be very fun, I have enjoyed every day so far and hopefully it stays that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment