Thursday, September 22, 2011

B3 The Moment

Throughout my short life, well somewhat short, I have been fortunate enough to have my great moments that I will never forget. I am going to take this time to write about one of the most recent great moments. At this time last year, I was in the middle of my J.V. football season. Our team worked incredibly hard throughout the spring and summer to be prepared for the season. Many predicted that we wouldn’t be as good as the year before. The previous season, our team won 8 games and lost 1. There is only one way to get better than an 8 win season, it is to go undefeated. So our team had only one goal. It was to win every single game we played even if we were a little less talented then the year before. Well, we went undefeated and we proved all of the doubters wrong. I am going to explain everything that went on when we finished off this great run. We took a week 9 trip west of Alden to play against the Depew Wildcats. Many people said that we were not going to win this game. Many thought that Depew was just bigger and stronger, but the important thing was that we didn’t listen to those people. We went in there with a focused mind set ready to battle. We set the tone of the game right from the beginning as we marched right down the field for touchdown to take the early lead. We held on for the rest of the game as we went on to win 17 to 6. At the end of the game, every single player on our team was so proud. We proved that if you truly work as hard as you can at something, you can achieve it. Our team worked extremely hard and we earned an undefeated season. I hope that this season can turn out just like last season.

No comments:

Post a Comment