Thursday, May 3, 2012

Reflect on A2

After reading my A2 blog I would say I have done a decent job this year in regards to accomplishing my goals and staying on task. In my blog back in September, I really didn’t set in stone any goals that I had to accomplish I just said I hope that I would be successful in a lot of things. For the most part, I think I was very successful this year. There is one thing that bothers about this year every day though. I did not mention this in my September blog because I didn’t want to jinx anything. Obviously in football this year we had a great year. I mentioned how I worked extremely hard for football because I wanted to win.  Ultimately I had one goal for this season. I wanted to win a State Championship, I expected to win a State Championship, and I was going to do anything I could to win a State Championship. Now I could never go out in public and say this because I can’t give people the impression that I am overlooking my competition in section 6 and I don’t ever overlook my opponents. But I do believe that if every player on our team does their job, and we work hard, we should win. That is the way I look at it. This makes me remember last spring when I would just be working out or outside shooting hoops and when I did those things I would just dream so big. I am not the afraid to admit I do dream and imagine a ton. I do dream of winning a State Championship, I do dream of accepting that trophy, I do dream of hugging me teammates after we just won that game, I do dream of running out of a tunnel in front of 80,000 people. I really do, and I am not the least bit afraid to admit it. Why do I dream and imagine so much? I do because of how much I love the game of football. Last year I could not wait to get a shot to play Hornell. Even though I knew I would have to win a lot of games to get to that point, inside I just knew it was going to happen. This was a game and opportunity that I imagined for such a long time. Every day last year I was just so anxious to get that opportunity. I wanted to be able to be the only quarterback that could say they beat Dominic Scavo. I wanted to be the quarterback that ended Hornell’s win streak. I wanted to be that sophomore that could go into the pressure and take down the best team in the state. I wanted to do the unexpected to many and I wanted to be great. Unfortunately I wanted to be much more successful on the football field this year. I set the expectations for myself to be perfect. Weather that is right or wrong I do because I am a competitor, and I want to be perfect. Let’s face it; I wanted to be the quarterback who threw five touchdowns a game and 300 yards. I really did expect that. I never did that. It doesn’t mean I had a bad season just I felt like I didn’t accomplish everything I wanted to. So when the Hornell game finally came I knew that I had a chance to make up for what I didn’t do. Well I did fall short in the Hornell game unfortunately. Even though I was close, I was still short. This is why this game eats my alive every day. I might not show it, but this game is in my head every day and it bothers me. I wanted it so bad, and I replay this game in my head at least 30 times a day. I feel so empty because I didn’t win the Championship and I didn’t beat Hornell. I wanted to be that guy and it eats me alive that I wasn’t. I hope that I learn from this and get better in the future from it. For the most part this year was a success, but the biggest goal I wanted I didn’t accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment