Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Buffalo Fans


Really!? I will be honest and say that I am very excited for the upcoming NFL season. I think the Buffalo Bills have great potential and it will be a great season. I felt like last year was going to be a good season, and it started off that way, but the Bills had a second half collapse during the season. When this happened there were so many people who said how the Bills stink, and they will never win. Basically, those people didn’t even consider themselves fans of the team anymore. So many people had negative views towards the Bills, and just stopped caring. Then there were people like me who have always stuck with the team even through the hard times. I am not like the other fans that give up, and just root for the Bills when they are good. That would be called bandwagon fans, and it is not good to be a bandwagon fan. Sometimes I compare these people to the people of Rome in the Julius Caesar time period. They were very fickle which means they change their mind and views very often. Sometimes I fell this word summarizes some of us Buffalo fans. I do not find this to be good at all. This past March, the Bills go out and sign Mario Williams! They make him the highest paid defensive player ever in the NFL! When this occurs, everyone now loves the Bills and “they are going to the Superbowl, I love them.” Those are the things I would hear after this. All I can do when this happens is shake my head. Then when I didn’t think it could get any worse, I was wrong. The Bills go out and sign former Heisman Trophy winner, Vince Young. The fans were all over this as now they just go on to say we are for sure going to be right there. I agree with the fact that we will be good, but really is the backup QB the difference? Buffalo fans need to get their stuff together.

No comments:

Post a Comment